Schoolwide Areas of Strength
1. The school provides a superior academic program.
2. The staff is well-qualified and seeks enhancement through consistent professional development.
3. The school and preschool provides a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment that reflects the school’s purpose though the designated ESLRs.
4. The collegial spirit and camaraderie amongst the administration and faculty enhance the educational environment of holistic student learning.
5. All stakeholders are committed to the purpose of the school as identified by the ESLRs and the dedication of resources to support the school’s goals.
6. GIS teachers actively employ their professional development workshops, trainings, and reading in improving academic programs and classroom management.
7. GIS provides a variety of learning experiences in the classrooms and through annual enrichment activities and events.
8. Granada Islamic School’s focus upon the unifying spiritual and cultural focus of Islam for the Granada community generates an exceptional learning environment.
9. The school makes significant improvement in the curriculum, particularly in Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, and Science, based on assessment results.
10. The Language Enrichment Program aids struggling students.
11. The school created teaching assistant positions to tutor students during and after school hours.
12. The Arabic language program employs differentiated instruction.
13. The MCA, administration, parents, and teachers have created and support a holistic learning environment.
14. The diverse, international community is united in their support of the school.
15. The governing authorities work together in providing financial resources for the school.
16. The leadership allocates resources on programs and facilities that help students be high academic achievers.
17. The school’s administration and staff are involved in budget allocation.
18. The school has improved the facility to accommodate growth in its classes and programs without incurring any debt.
Schoolwide Critical Areas for Follow-Up